Kindergarten Registration Information
Thank you for choosing to have your child attend a Hillsborough County Public School. We look forward to serving you and your child throughout the upcoming school year.
Our elementary schools will begin the kindergarten registration process for the 2018-2019 school year as early as January, 2018. During the month of January, every elementary school will be offering a Kindergarten Roundup event. This is an opportunity for parents to meet the staff and get to know the school. If you have the required paperwork ready, you will be able to register your child at this event. If not, you may bring it in as soon as you are able. (Note that many school sites will be closed for the summer, so plan on completing the process before the end of May, prior to entering kindergarten. If you miss this date, all schools will be open and available for registration in early August 1.) Do not wait until the first day of school!
Many schools will offer a second Kindergarten Roundup later in the school year. Please check the School District website for the scheduled roundup dates and times.
This checklist is designed to help you prepare for registration. It will help you collect the correct, required documentation. Registration is not complete until all steps have been completed and paperwork has been accepted at the school site.
Important Note: A parent/legal guardian must be present to complete the registration process and provide the proper documents to the school site where the child will attend.
- Proof of Residence – TWO forms (see checklist for acceptable documentation)
- Birth Certificate/Proof of Birth - Authenticated birth date can be verified by one of the following:
- Certified copy of birth certificate/State of Florida Birth Registration Card
- Baptismal certificate showing date of birth, place of baptism, accompanied by parents’ sworn affidavit
- Insurance policy on the child in force for at least two years
- Bible record of child’s birth accompanied by parents’ sworn affidavit
- Passport or certificate of arrival in the United States showing age of child (view only, do not copy)
- Social Security Number* - Social Security numbers are used as a unique numeric identification for state reporting to the Department of Education. (*not a requirement but highly recommended)
- Physical and Immunizations (See Health Requirements) - Proof of physical examination by an approved licensed health care provider or the Hillsborough County Health Department, dated within 12 months prior to entry in Florida Schools (first day of school)