Office of Supplier Diversity
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the Office of Supplier Diversity provide Small Business, Minority-Owned, Woman-Owned or Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business certification services?
No. Eligible companies will only register with the Center. Certification of Small Business, Minority-Owned, Woman-Owned or Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business is accepted from the following agencies: City of Tampa, FL Statewide & Inter-Local Certification, Hillsborough County, Florida Minority Supplier Development Council or the City of St. Petersburg. (see "Eligibility" for more information)
- How do I confirm my eligibility for the District’s Encouragement Program?
The Office of Supplier Diversity will contact you to acknowledge its receipt of your VendorLink application. Once it has completed its review, the OSD will advise you of your status within 14 business days of the initial acknowledgement letter. Once you have been approved, you will receive an approval notice and certificate from the OSD and your company will be listed on the OSD web page under the Report link. The web page is updated every 30 days.
- What is the purpose of the VendorLink registration application?
- To verify a company meets the Diversity Office’s eligibility requirements.
- To capture as much information as possible that would be consistent with the District’s purchasing vendor application.
- To obtain information that would be consistent with basic data that a Construction Management firm’s pre-qualification form would require.
- Who should register in VendorLink?
All Vendors who wish to do business with the School District are required to complete and submit an online registration form in the VendorLink System.
- What information do I need to register with VendorLink?
You should have your current business address, references, FEIN/SSN, current W9 Form, a current Business / Sales Tax Receipt and certification as a SBE/W/MBE or SDVOSB from one of the approved agencies, etc. You will also be asked to choose your preferred method of receiving solicitations.
- Do I mail my registration form to VendorLink?
No. You should print, sign, and fax your registration form to 941-708-3519.
- What if I do not have a computer?
Computers are available at the Procurement Department and the Office of Supplier Diversity for registering in VendorLink. Please call to make an appointment.
- When will my OSD registration expire?
All OSD registrations will expire on the same day as the expiration of the enterprise’s Small Business, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned or Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business certification.
- How do I find the status of current District construction projects?
The projects are listed on the Planning and Construction web page at: http://projects.mysdhc.org/pub_projects.aspx
- How do I bid on new construction or major renovation subcontract opportunities?
The District uses the Construction Management form of project management for new construction and major renovation projects. As a result, the Construction Management firm is responsible for issuing the invitation to bid to potential subcontractors. If you are not invited to bid by the construction management firm, then the only way for you to submit a bid is as a part of a subcontractor team for the particular bid package.
- How will VendorLink notify me of bids?
When a bid is posted that matches a commodity code you selected, you will be notified via email.
- What should I do if I receive notification of a bid?
Log on to VendorLink and select "Current Bids". Search for the bid reference in your notification and view the documents. If you are interested in responding or receiving updates for the bid, select “Participate”.
- Can I see the bid results?
Yes. Once notified via Board recommendation and tabulation sheet, you will be able to download and print the documents from your office.
- What are the Office of Supplier Diversity’s Office hours?
Please visit our Contacts page for office hours.
- What if I forget my VendorLink password?
The helpdesk can reset your password for you. Contact the helpdesk at (813) 272-4381. To maintain security, after the password is reset, you should change it one more time to a password of your choosing.
- What procurement policies have changed that affect OSD vendors?
Other than the obvious – access to and automatic notice of all bid opportunities in your selected commodity categories, one new initiative for those quote opportunities that are secured by telephone has been approved. District staff must demonstrate that they have included at least one of their three quotes from a vendor in the District’s Encouragement program. If no such vendor has been included and is available, then a fourth quote must be added from such an eligible vendor.