Your Mission. Their Future.
Join Award-winning Hillsborough County Public Schools
Now is the best time to teach in Tampa.
Find out why teaching in Tampa is right for you:
- Starting salaries competitive with every major city in the Southeast
- Best school district in the nation for new employees, according to Forbes’ 2019 list of best workplaces for new college graduates
- Winner of the 2019 CUBE (Council of Urban Boards of Education) Award for Urban School Board Excellence
- Top-notch benefits including Spark Initiative bonuses for teaching in Tampa at our Achievement Schools
- As the USA’s seventh-largest district with 230-plus schools and more than 215,000 students, you can teach in urban, rural and suburban areas
- Professional development and training included at no cost
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Mentors available for all teachers
See what teachers in Tampa are doing already:
- The nation’s No. 1 magnet school, Tampa’s MacFarlane Park Elementary, named by Magnet Schools of America
- At King High, Director of Instrumental Studies, Dr. Dakeyan Graham is Florida’s 2019 Teacher of the Year
- At Robinson High, AP Biology teacher Tiffany Oliver earned a 2019 national honor, the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching
The Office of Teacher Recruitment
Get to know us better.
Forbes magazine rates Hillsborough Schools as the Number One high school district in the nation for new college graduates to work. The magazine released a list of best employers in all fields, not just education. Hillsborough Schools made the top 200 alongside a handful of distinguished colleges and universities in the list, compiled by Forbes and market research company Statista to determine which companies new employees liked best.
Colleges of Education
Hillsborough County Public Schools hosts pre-service teachers from numerous colleges and universities at every stage of their education preparation. To qualify for placement in one of our schools, the student must be enrolled in a College of Education program from an approved post-secondary institution. Practicum and final interns must be fingerprinted. Students needing observation hours, practicum/early field or final internship/clinical placements should email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sara Kay Bonti at 813-840-7317.
Interns: Collaborating Teachers/Mentors
Collaborating Teachers (CTs) are central to our recruitment efforts in Hillsborough County Public Schools. Our teacher leaders welcome hundreds of College of Education students into their classrooms each year for observations, practicums and final internships. Teachers who host practicum and final interns must have at least three years of teaching experience, possess clinical educator training, be rated highly effective and secure their principal’s approval. Clinical Educator training is offered throughout the year. Information may be found in the PDS catalog. For more information, please email email@example.com.