Hillsborough County Public Schools Named One of the Nation’s Best Employers for New Graduates
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (September 11, 2018) – Hillsborough County Public Schools is excited to announce our district has been named one of America’s top employers for new graduates by Forbes Magazine, the only K-12 school district on the list.
Hillsborough County Public Schools was ranked #150 out of 250 companies across the nation in the recently released report. Respondents were asked to rate employers based on working conditions, salary, and how likely they would recommend their employer to others.
The district ranked among companies like Adobe Systems, Google, General Motors and New York University. Hillsborough County Public Schools is the only K-12 school district on the Forbes Magazine list. The ranking was based on interviews with thousands of young employees across the nation. Forbes Magazine said new graduates have a lot to consider when choosing an employer and the organizations on the list stand out among others.
Hillsborough County Public Schools has had a number of accomplishments and national distinctions in the past year, including setting an all-time graduation rate record and being named a top-rated large school district in America. Our district is the largest employer in Hillsborough County with more than 24,000 employees.
- Professional Florida Wrestlers BodySlam Bullying at Hillsborough County Schools
- Students in Jefferson High School's Maritime and Marine Environmental Leadership Academy chart their path to life after high school
- Board Members in the Community: January 17
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Teachers Chelsea Farrior and Temeka Lewis
- Student Athletes Honored at Fall Sports Awards