New School Board Members Sworn In and Board Chair and Vice Chair Selected
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (November 20, 2018) – At today’s School Board meeting, three new School Board members were sworn in to office and one re-elected board member took the oath of office.
Steve Cona III was elected to serve District 1. Mr. Cona is president of the Associated Builders and Contractors Florida Gulf Coast Chapter. He will serve two years to finish out the term of Susan Valdes, who was elected to serve in the State House of Representatives.
Dr. Stacy Hahn was elected to serve District 2. Dr. Hahn is a lifelong educator and proponent for all children in Hillsborough County. She will serve a 4-year term.
Karen Perez was elected to represent District 6. Ms. Perez is a social worker at the James A. Haley Veterans Hospital. She will serve a 4-year term.
Melissa Snively was re-elected in District 4 and will serve a second 4-year term.
Also at Tuesday’s School Board meeting, the board voted in a new chair and vice chair. Tamara Shamburger was unanimously voted in as School Board chair and Melissa Snively was selected as vice-chair. Ms. Shamburger represents District 5 and was first elected to the Hillsborough County School Board in 2016. Ms. Snively was first elected to the Hillsborough County School Board in 2014.
- Bonnie Bresnyan - Excellence in Education for 32 years!
- Board Members in the Community: December 11-13
- Construction begins for new High School “TTT” which aims to relieve overcrowding in South Hillsborough County
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Teacher Iladia Watson
- Taylor Johnson becomes second female to hold JROTC Lieutenant colonel position at Strawberry Crest High School