Press Conference to Propose Bold Teacher Recruitment Effort
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (February 19, 2019) – Superintendent Jeff Eakins, School Board Members and the leaders of the Hillsborough Classroom Teachers Association will hold a press conference announcing a proposed landmark initiative to recruit and retain top teachers to the district’s 50 highest needs schools. In the midst of a nationwide teacher shortage, this groundbreaking proposal is aimed at making Hillsborough County a top destination for teachers in the Bay Area, state and the nation.
The press event will be held today, Tuesday, February 19 at 12:30 p.m. at Forest Hills Elementary School. Media will be provided teacher interview opportunities as well as video in a classroom. Forest Hills Elementary is located at 10112 Ola Ave., Tampa.
The proposal will then be recommended to the School Board for a vote at Tuesday’s 4 p.m. School Board meeting.
- Teacher Helps Students Acquire Solar Certifications in One-of-a-Kind Class
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Teacher Kelly McWilliams
- Hillsborough Students Are Ready to Take on the World But First….Graduation
- Freedom HS Color Guard Earns 4th Place at World Championships!
- Board Members in the Community: May 17-25