Amazon to Give Major Surprise Donation of Supplies to Wimauma Elementary
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (December 12, 2017) – Wimauma Elementary made its list of needs for the school and checked it twice, and in the spirit of giving this holiday season, Amazon is making sure students are on the "Nice" list!
Amazon is donating a substantial amount of materials to the school, but just like unwrapping a present, the exact gift is a surprise. Please, join us for the big reveal:
- Where: Wimauma Elementary School, 5709 Hickman Street, Wimauma
- When: Tuesday, December 12th at 10:30 am
- What: Amazon is making a huge donation to Wimauma Elementary School. Students and teachers will receive the surprise. The festivities include Santa, snacks, and holiday games.
Interview opportunities: Wimauma Elementary School Principal Ismael Lebron-Bravo, students and teachers who can share their reactions to the surprise and talk about the impact the donation will have on the school.
Wimauma Elementary is a Title I school, meaning many of its students come from low-income families. Amazon’s one-million-square-foot Fulfillment Center is located just down the road in Ruskin. Hillsborough County Public Schools is grateful for Amazon’s support as a community partner.
Media contact: Kendra Oestreich, firstname.lastname@example.org, cell 813-538-6022
- Jackson Elementary students work on science experiment with the University of South Florida's chemical engineering students
- STEMtober visits the Greco Fairy Tale Makerspace
- Hillsborough Schools drive home the message about school bus safety week
- Board Members in the Community: October 22-26
- The Bully Busters Club at Lewis Elementary is taking a stand against bullying