Upcoming Events Spotlight Talents and Interests of Hillsborough County Public Schools Students
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (March 28, 2018) – The following exciting events are happening in Hillsborough County Public Schools over the next few days. Media coverage is welcome. Please contact the Communications Office for more information.
- Now through April 4, various hours – Hillsborough County Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, University of Tampa’s Scarfone/Hartley Gallery – An exhibit at the University of Tampa will feature art and writing pieces by local middle and high school students who took part in the art and writing contest. The gallery is open Tuesday-Friday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and 1-4 p.m. on Saturday.
- Wednesday, March 28, 6-9 p.m. – Chamberlain High School presents, “Taste of Culinary” - Chamberlain Culinary Operations Academy students will be cooking side-by-side with top chefs from area restaurants and schools. Chamberlain High School is located at 9401 North Boulevard, Tampa. This is a great opportunity to see the work of amazing students working in partnership with local businesses.
- Wednesday, March 28 and Thursday, March 29, 5-7 p.m. – Little Kids Rock Spirit Week, at local Beef O’Brady’s restaurants – Hillsborough Schools Little Kids Rock bands will perform at various Beef O’Brady’s restaurants throughout the county. Customers will have the opportunity to listen to amazing performances while also helping the students, as 20% of the restaurant proceeds during each performance will go back to the music education program to buy instruments, materials and other needs.
- Thursday, March 29, 11 a.m. – Lamb Elementary Chorus – Students from Lamb Elementary School will spend the morning singing to residents of Aston Gardens in Sun City Center. 1311 Aston Gardens Ct., Sun City Center. Part of the mission for the Lamb Elementary chorus is to be a part of the community, lift people up with music and give students new opportunities to see new places.
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Community Volunteer Fred Hearns
- Armwood High School Hour of Code
- Bonnie Bresnyan - Excellence in Education for 32 years!
- Board Members in the Community: December 11-13
- Construction begins for new High School “TTT” which aims to relieve overcrowding in South Hillsborough County