Media Opportunity: Students Demonstrate why Hillsborough County Public Schools is a Top-Rated Large School District in America
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (April 10, 2018) – The media is invited to Middleton High School today, Tuesday, April 10 at 10:30 a.m. for a visual opportunity to see how our amazing students continue to outperform their peers across the country.
After this morning’s press release announcing the significant results from The Nation’s Report Card, students and teachers in a Robotics class at Middleton High School will demonstrate the skills they are learning that will enable them to go on to college and a career, including careers in the highly sought after STEM fields.
At Middleton, Superintendent Jeff Eakins and School Board members will be joined by Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Chair Steve Bernstein, who will explain the power of these results to attract high-paying jobs and fuel our area’s economic growth and development.
Students will demonstrate how they build their robots and then control the robots using computer coding and manual skills. Interviews will be available with the students, who can talk about their future plans, as well as the superintendent, School Board members, and Mr. Bernstein, who represents Tampa’s business community.
- Board Members in the Community: January 22
- Board Members in the Community: January 20-26
- Professional Florida Wrestlers BodySlam Bullying at Hillsborough County Schools
- Students in Jefferson High School's Maritime and Marine Environmental Leadership Academy chart their path to life after high school
- Board Members in the Community: January 17