Alexander Elementary scores major upgrade thanks to Bucs QB Jameis Winston
Alexander Elementary School is livin’ the dream, thanks to Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston. This month, students and staff welcomed Winston and other special guests to celebrate the grand opening of Jameis Winston’s Dream Room.
The room is adorned with larger-than-life images of Winston and coated in a sharp Bucs-inspired paint scheme. The room houses cutting-edge technology such as iPads, a 3-D print station and Lego robotics, all meant to “give these kids a level playing field so they can explore and achieve anything them put their minds to with updated technology,” Winston said at the April 3 grand opening.
Principal Kristina Alvarez said the room would be a hub for innovative learning and engaged students.
Superintendent Jeff Eakins thanked the superstar QB for giving back to students.
“He’s not only a great football player,” Eakins said, “but he’s a great citizen here in Tampa and he wants to do better for the students in Hillsborough County Public Schools.”
Check out more media coverage of the event:
Click here to learn more about Alexander Elementary.View Full Album
- Board Members in the Community: January 22
- Board Members in the Community: January 20-26
- Professional Florida Wrestlers BodySlam Bullying at Hillsborough County Schools
- Students in Jefferson High School's Maritime and Marine Environmental Leadership Academy chart their path to life after high school
- Board Members in the Community: January 17