Navy Week Comes to Hillsborough County Public Schools
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (May 5, 2018) – Hillsborough County Public Schools is excited and proud to be part of Navy Week, Monday-Friday, May 7-11, welcoming dozens of Navy personnel into our schools to educate students and share the roles and responsibilities of the various Navy teams, such as Navy divers, Navy Bands, and sailors.
Navy Week is coming to Tampa Bay, one of only 14 Navy Weeks selected this year. Navy Week outreach events have been coordinated through the school district to raise awareness of the Navy, its mission and its importance to the public.
Demonstrations and activities will include:
- Monday, May 7 – USS Constitution Sailors will visit students at Dunbar Elementary Magnet School
- Tuesday, May 8 - Musical performances by the Navy band will occur at several schools including Robinson High School
- Wednesday, May 9 - Explosive Ordinance Disposal Tech and Navy Divers will visit Middleton High School
- Wednesday, May 9 - Meteorology and Oceanography experts will work with students in the Jefferson High School Maritime program
- Thursday, May 10 – A Navy Medical Team will meet with students at Williams Middle Magnet
- Friday, May 11 - Leap Frogs Parachute Team will visit Lee Elementary, Lockhart Elementary and Young Middle Magnet School
There are dozens of events happening throughout the district all week. For more information or to schedule a school visit, please contact Tanya Arja in the Communications Office.