The district policy regarding donated sick leave allows that a district employee may authorize his or her spouse, child, parent, or sibling who is also a district employee to use sick leave that has accrued to the authorizing employee.
The recipient may not use the donated sick leave until all of his or her sick leave has been depleted, excluding sick leave from the sick leave pool, if the recipient participates in the sick leave pool. The donated sick leave shall have no terminal value.
- Is defined as the employee who will receive donated sick leave from a family member who is a district employee;
- Must be in a position and status that is eligible to accrue sick leave and must deplete his or her sick leave balance;
- Will be compensated with donated sick leave for non-paid absences charged to sick during the donor’s specified donation period;
- Donated time is not counted against days paid for salary adjustments.
- Is defined as the employee who will donate sick leave to a family member who is a district employee;
- Employee who is the spouse, child, parent, or sibling of recipient;
- Must maintain a sick leave balance equal to 10 days to be eligible to donate;
- Donated day will be converted to the normal scheduled hours per day for the recipient;
- Accrued sick leave balance will be reduced with each donation.
New - HCPS - June 23, 2015